“Prepared to share?” is a research-evaluation study using mixed methods within a realist evaluation framework. It also has elements of action research.
The study draws data from and informs work on the Cambridgeshire EPaCCS (Electronic Palliative Care Coordination System) – the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Project for Data Sharing in End of Life Care.
- interviews – with 44 health professionals, patients, carers, developers of the data sharing system, commissioners, etc.;
- questionnaire on General Practitioners’ and Practice Managers’ familiarity, engagement with and perceptions of patient data sharing. You can find the paper reporting on the findings here.
- document analysis – reports, meeting minutes and email communication of the service development project;
- field observations – mostly from the process of developing the data sharing system. The research team members are also members of the service development team;
- comparison – with London’s Coordinate My Care and the South West EPaCCS. You can find the paper reporting on the findings here.
Image: Yury Kisialiou at iStock. By Getty Images.