Dr Richard Davies has been awarded the University of Cambridge Pilkington Prize, given for “outstanding quality and approach to teaching”. Professor Jonathan Mant, head of the Primary Care Unit, said: “This is thoroughly deserved, and reflects many years of quiet unassuming excellence from a very highly regarded colleague in GPEG, the General Practice Education Group”.
Pilkington Prize winners, 2017
The Pilkington Prizes are awarded annually to teaching staff for their outstanding quality and approach to teaching. The awards were initiated by Sir Alastair Pilkington who believed that the quality of teaching was crucial to the University’s success.
The 2017 Pilkington Prize winners are as follows:
- Dr Ingo Gildenhard, K – Faculty of Classics
- Dr Martin Ruehl, TH – Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages
- Professor Andrew Balmford FRS, CL – Department of Zoology
- Dr Jackie Brearley, LC – Department of Veterinary Medicine
- Dr Menna Clatworthy, PEM – School of Clinical Medicine
- Dr Richard Davies, CL – School of Clinical Medicine
- Dr Mónica Moreno Figueroa, DOW – Department of Sociology
- Dr Jude Browne, K – Department of Politics and International Studies
- Dr Nigel Kettley, W – Institute of Continuing Education
- Dr Anthony Ashton, HO – Department of Mathematics
- Dr Lisa Jardine-Wright, CHU – Department of Physics
- Dr James Moultrie, SE – Department of Engineering
- Professor Jochen Runde, G – Judge Business School
More information about the awards, including a list of winners from previous years, can be found on the Cambridge Centre for Teaching and Learning website: http://www.teachingsupport.cam.ac.uk/pilkington-prize.
About Dr Richard Davies
About the General Practice Education Group, at the Primary Care Unit
Contact Lucy Lloyd for further information.