We aim to improve the health of the population through research conducted at three levels: clinical care in general practice, the organisation and delivery of healthcare, and improving health through changes to the wider environment.
Much of the Unit’s work is built upon strong collaborative relationships with other research units, locally, nationally and internationally, and with a regional network of research practices.
Our research is organised into five research themes: Behaviour and Health, Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes, Cancer, Health Services Research and End of Life Care.
There are ten research groups within the Unit delivering work across the five research themes. Please see each group’s pages for more information, or link to the new THIS Institute :
- Applied Social Science Group
- Behavioural Science Group
- Behaviour and Health Research Unit
- Cambridge Research Methods Hub
- Cancer Group
- Cardiovascular Group
- Clinical Nursing Research Group
- Health Services Research Group
- Medical Education Research Group
- Palliative & End of Life Care Group
- Prevention Group
- THIS Institute